Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Anticipation...

I will not write about Dendera...I will not write about Abydos...I will not...I will not...I will not...at least until I have written about my two walks around Luxor, the house trip to Edfu and my visit to Luxor Temple. But to whet your appetites, I will post two photos--one from Dendera and one from Abydos. They both resulted from a wonderful day-trip three of us took on Sunday to those two fascinating sites.

The first is of two Ba birds on the roof at Dendera:



And the second is of the cartouches of Seti I at Abydos:


The "prenomen" (on the right) reads "Men-Maat-Ra" or "Enduring is the Divine Order of Ra". The "nomen" (on the left) reads "Seti meryenptah" or "Seti beloved of Ptah".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Salaam aleikum!
Marie