Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Greetings...

Just a quick note about the genuine day-to-day friendliness of the Egyptians I encounter. No matter how often during the course of a day I run into someone I am always acknowledged with a smile, a wave of the hand and an "Ahlan!" or "Marhab!" I could be recording the temperature and humidity at the weather station near the front gate or passing through the library or getting something from the fridge. It's almost a game to see which of us can get the greeting out first! This hospitality/neighborliness is one of the qualities I value most highly about the people I've met here in Egypt.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marie,
    The photos are fabulous! Happy New Year to you as well. I am most looking forward to the new day on Tuesday when we have a new president.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say Nice photos,
    but get the facts straight about luxor town and its corruption most of the land that has been stolen by this regime of dr samir fawak. has been sold to the wealthy saudis
    as too will Rahmla once they get the people out and the existing dwellings down, land is being bought for 1 thosand egp per sq yard and sold on for 10x that amount, the land opposite the welcome to louxor sign has just been sold for 38.5million$.
    for a hotel, the very reason they took the hotels down in the first place, so do not be fooled by these peoples exterior smiles, just because you have money written on your forehead, www.myegypt.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps, the reason I live here in egypt is because I love Egypt. but I do not like what I see happening to its people or the land of Egypt read my blogs on corruption and pollution. of this very special place. links are on my web site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Salaam aleikum!
Marie