Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Wake-up Call!

Ah, yes! That unmistakable whoosh as the burner of a hot air balloon flares in the early morning sky overhead. I hadn't heard it for a while and it took a minute for my fuzzy morning brain to identify it. It was very loud so I knew it had to be very close. I threw on a wrap and some shoes and headed out with my camera. There it was--heading north directly over the property and almost alarmingly low. But that meant I could get some great shots. Here it is as it appears at the south end:
And as it nears my position:
Right overhead! (I have to admit I used the zoom; it wasn't really this low)
And as it drifts off to the north towards Karnak:
A truly astonishing wake-up call...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Salaam aleikum!
Marie