Thursday, January 17, 2013

Not Egypt: Macaron Whimsy


More on macarons--in the January 16 issue of Bonjour Paris (The Definitive Guide to Paris) is this article: "The Whimsical World of Macarons", complete with a recipe for pistachio macarons from the master/maître of macarons, Pierre Hermé. I, however, will not be making that recipe. I "learned my lesson" when I took an evening class in the making of macarons at the École Ritz Escoffier in Paris. I now, to paraphrase something my ex-husband once said, eat macarons not make them!
Moi trying to make acceptable macarons!
Been there, done that, got the certificate! And now let someone with more skill and access to the right ingredients make them...

1 comment:

  1. I feel exactly the same way.
    Not everybody was meant to be a pastry chef...well not me anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Salaam aleikum!
Marie