Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Keeping Your Shit Together When You're Depressed...

Apologies all around! This post has nothing to do with Egypt or France or California but I feel compelled to share it with my blog followers, since depression is, unfortunately, a constant in my life. Luckily for me, when I am at home here in Egypt, I am not plagued by the "black devils". I am happy! But this is for the other times...

I want to take my hat off to Rosalind Robertson (The DIY Couturier) for her excellent post responding to an article called "21 Habits of Happy People". As she writes, "It pissed me off beyond belief, that there was an inference that if you weren’t Happy, you simply weren’t doing the right things." Oh, how many times have I felt the same when well-meaning but misguided people (not my good friends, of course!) have tried to tell me how to overcome my depression... I hope Rosalind's piece will provide some comfort and help to those of you who suffer from this vicious disease. And I also hope that friends and families of those afflicted and the "general public" will take this to heart. 

21 Tips to Keep Your Shit Together When You're Depressed

 Save Yourself 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment.
Salaam aleikum!
Marie